Last Saturday Bear and I attended the "Saturday Party" celebrating the end of VBS week at our church. This is the day where all the kids invite their families to come and watch them perform songs, view a slideshow of the week's activities, and then enjoy a lunch together. I wheeled Bear to the front once the performance started and within a minute she said, "Dow (Down)."
A minute later she saw one of the moms (we'll call her J) who helps out in the nursery, pointed at her with a smile and said, "Heeeey!" Then Bear promptly ran over to where J was sitting with her daughter and husband climbed up onto the pew next to her and sat there for the remainder of the performance.
So I sat all alone. Bear ditched me. Actually, it is quite funny, so I'm not upset even if you are laughing at my misery.
One time, I thought she was returning to me, so I held out my arms to her. She quickly grabbed Sonja from the stroller and ran back to sit with J. Ha ha.
So I watched her as she applauded each of the kids. I watched as she screamed in enjoyment at the slideshow. I watched as she attempted to dance to each of the songs, but I watched all of this from afar.
I'm glad that Bear is so comfortable running up and sitting with other people (people she knows...not strangers). Lately, she has been much more comfortable at church, too. I often lose her because she's visiting other friends and families. I think she mingles at church more than Matt or I ever do.
So even if I do get ditched by my own daughter, I always know that in the end she'll come running back to me asking to be picked up and held. I will gladly oblige.
2 comments:
wow, so who new bear was a social butterfly??? but that's very cool that she feels comfortable at church and with people there that you guys trust.
she's so social. that's cool. and you're a good mommy.
Post a Comment