10.01.2007

Times sure have changed

Matt and I went to a wedding last weekend. It was great. We got to see a good friend from college tie the knot with his longtime love. Beyond that, we also got to see some other friends from our college days, some we haven't seen since college.

You have to understand, we had some interesting college days. I won't go into details, but some of the people we knew were legendary in a sense. They weren't necessarily a legend, but the stories about them were. For those of you reading who went to college with us, you know the people and you know the stories. Some might say "crazy," but to us they were the stories that made us laugh over dorm meals.

Yet, there we all were sitting at two tables at a wedding. Some of those old stories did come out again for us to chuckle over. This time was a little different though. Proud dads were pulling out their phones and PDAs to show off their baby boys and girls. Others shared how they became doctors, businessmen and assistant principals since we last saw them. There were some who moved far, some who bought homes, and some who became newly engaged. Times sure had changed.

I was totally bewildered when I witnessed a group of guys sitting around recommending books on baby sleep training...

...and then they started talking about how excited they were for Starcraft II to come out and discussing when they could get together for a LAN party.

I guess times haven't changed that much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And it only gets getter as time goes on!!