5.21.2008

Two against Two...and then some

It's two against two. Two parents versus two kids. I've heard parents discuss their choice on having only 2 kids with their reason being that once the third comes, the kids outnumber the parents. Right now our family is at a stalemate. If Bear needs something and I've got Chipmunk in hand, she gets directed to her dad, or Chipmunk gets dropped off with dad so I can attend to the Bear. It's a constant dance of "tag, you're it!" with the kids floating between us.

Then again during the day when Matt is at work, it's a whole different scenario. I have no one to pass off a kid to, so I'm juggling both of them at the same time. Of course trying to put 100% focus on two places is impossible so sometimes you miss things.

I just keeping thinking about how in the world I'll be able to keep tabs on both kids when Chipmunk becomes mobile.

Speaking of mobile, I loved how Bear pretty much stayed in the same place until she was 7 months old. Chipmunk gave Matt and I a scare one day when we found him napping like this:

DSC_6090

He was two feet from where he started! I guess I really better start putting him down for his naps in his crib from now on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

2 against 2... it's more like exponential against 2 parents!! Great picture. wow. how did THAT happen?

Carina said...

scary, huh? He scooted two feet while he was settling into sleep, I guess. Good thing we checked on him mid nap.

Robin said...

OMG! lol, his little butt is so cute.