4.14.2009

How I Spend My Days (by Chipmunk)

Ever wanted to know how I, a 14 month old, get through the day?

First things first. I eat. And boy do I eat. Here are the remnants of my breakfast: a whole banana and a bowl of cheerios (which I followed soon after with a cup of yogurt and a couple mandarin oranges).

DSC_0064

Then I get down to business. Kitchen first. I make sure to take all the magnets off the fridge and all the pots and pans out of the cupboards.

DSC_0063

Next, I target my sibling. I always go for the toys she's playing with. It's just more fun that way.

DSC_0062

Then, I work on my climbing skills. I aim to raise the bar each day climbing to newer and higher heights. Here I managed to climb Mt. Desk.

DSC_0061

"What? I'm not supposed to be climbing here?" (See I'm feigning innocence...another skill you must practice on a daily basis)

Mischief. Ah yes, another "must" in my day. Here I am pouring Goldfish crackers into the exersaucer. I don't know about you, but for me crackers just aren't right unless they're spilled all over the place. Same goes for cheerios, raisins, cheese, and well, any food actually.

DSC_0073

More Mischief. Any of the following tasks work best if repeated multiple times throughout the day:
1. Pulling my sister's hair
2. Emptying laundry baskets and clothes drawers
3. Dropping food into hard to reach places
4. Getting into the toilet (listening to my mom freak out!)
5. Body slamming my teddy bear
6. Finding the telephone and calling random phone numbers
7. Throwing my toys into the shiny bin my mom calls the trash can
8. Practicing my awesome Rock Band skills on the pots and pans

After knocking a few of these tasks off my to-do list, my mom usually tries to hinder my work by turning on the mind-control device (television), hypnotizing me into a passive state.

DSC_0030

I can usually break free from it's evil paralyzing ways after about 5 minutes, where I make sure to make-up for the loss of time by doubling my efforts.

And that, my friends, is how I spend my day.

2 comments:

makihsieh said...

So cute. Your kids are such wonderful characters: so full of personality and life! It seems like Chipmunk is going to keep up with Bear just fine! Keep up the great work : )

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS!!! :) Ok, now Carina...you have to make a biography storybook for him out of felt! :)