7.30.2011

Thoughtful Gifts

At the end of VBS week at our church, the kids can redeem the tickets they've earned during the week for little knick knacks and toys. When my kids returned from redeeming their tickets, they had bright smiles on their faces and their arms full of toys.

Bear excitedly showed me her arm full of pink dolls, a pink cheerleading set and a foam sword. I asked, "a sword, huh?" "It's for my brother," she explained.

Chipmunk ran back with his arms full of cars and trucks. He then pulled out a little yellow ring with a princess on it and said, "it's for my sister!"

I was surprised. With younger kids, I expect them to adopt an "all-for-me" type of attitude, but no, they each on their own chose a toy for their sibling...and not just any toy, they actually put thought into it and found something they thought the other would like.

What can I say? I was impressed. Again, they continue to teach me more than I teach them.

DSC_8397

No comments: