8.27.2012

The Zombie Lemur

Kids are known for having wild imaginations. I'm sure if you're a parent, your child has at one time or another pretended to be a dog, a cat, or maybe even a farm animal. Perhaps they take it further than you hope, attempting to eat their meals under the table, or spending half their day on hands and knees barking and yipping away, lapping up their milk instead of drinking, or asking to be pet behind the ears.

Of course, then there's my kid.

He started making these odd noises one day, that the rest of us can't even replicate. It's kind of like an obnoxious purring.

"What are you doing?" I asked Chipmunk.

"I'm a lemur, mommy!"

"A lemur? Really? How do you know what a lemur sounds like?"

"I just do."

The following week the noises continued, and he happily ran around pretending to be a lemur, leaping from couch to couch. Then one day, during his "lemur play" he started attacking his sister.

"Help! My brother is trying to bite me!" Bear said running towards me.

"Chipmunk! What are you doing!?!" I sternly asked.

"I'm a zombie lemur, mommy!" Chipmunk said with a smile.

Sigh.

DSC_0088

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Ha! That is hilarious! Maybe you have a young author on your hands!