11.05.2014

Applesauce kind of a day

My daughter's shirt was covered in applesauce bits. After I told her to quickly change her shirt before school, I thought to myself, "It's going to be one of those kinds of days."

After dropping the kids off at school, I was scrubbing applesauce off the floor thinking to myself, "It's just one of those kinds of days."

While I was wiping applesauce off the cabinets and walls I thought, "Coffee is good for days like this."

As I was shampooing applesauce out of the carpet I sighed to myself, "Oh boy, what a day."

I looked up at the clock. It was 9:30 am. It hadn't been much of a day yet, but I was already beat. I had been defeated by a little pouch of applesauce. Granted, the applesauce had been whimsically jumped on by a 45-pound six-year-old, and managed to explode from the carpet and across 15 feet of the kitchen, all while rushing out the door to get to school.

Applesauce. Sigh.

Just one of those days.

Caramel Apples

No comments: