9.10.2012

Preschool

First day of preschool

Here's little chipmunk peeking out from behind the door. He's excited. It's his first day of preschool. He's been talking about going to school since we moved here. Nine months later, he's finally beginning...and boy, is he excited.

He entered class, hugged his teacher, and ran off without saying goodbye to me. After a while he came back, space helmet atop his head, and gave me a big hug and a loud goodbye.

Of course, I couldn't wait to see him again at noon. I wanted to hear all about his first day of preschool.

"What did you do in preschool today, Chipmunk?" I asked eagerly.

"Nothing," he said.

"Nothing?" I said, a bit disappointed with the answer.

"I just played."

"What did you play with? Did you make new friends? Did you sing songs? Did you color? Did you like it?" I asked again trying to get more input out of him.

Chipmunk looked out the car window thoughtfully and then responded, "I'm hungry, mommy."

Sigh.


No comments: