12.05.2012

Scapegoat

Chipmunk has his own personal scapegoat...or should I say scape "bear." This 8-inch brown teddy bear has been getting into a lot of mischief lately.

Me: Where did this mess come from!? (Seeing toys spread across the floor I just cleaned up a few minutes ago)
Chipmunk: I told Bear not to make a mess, but he wouldn't listen to me and dumped the toys onto the floor. He's a naughty bear.

Chipmunk: Mommy! Help! My bear fell into the potty!
Me: How in the world did your teddy bear fall into the potty!
Chipmunk: He just jumped in there! I told him not to go in there, but he wanted to go swimming and jumped in there even though I said not to!

Chipmunk: Ow! Mommy help! (Crying follows)
Me: What happened!? (I find Chipmunk with his hand stuck at the wrist in between the door and the frame where the door hinges are)
Chipmunk: I can't get my hand out!
Me: How did you get your hand stuck in there? (I asked while running to grab a screwdriver in order to take the door off its hinges)
Chipmunk: My bear scared me and so I stuck my hand through the door! Waaaah!

I think perhaps I need to teach my son about personal responsibility...

Ninja

No comments: