Then the germs...
This year is no different. As the first few weeks have gone by, students are missing one by one as they're quarantined at home with illnesses that other students in class have passed along. In our area there is this "sore throat and cough" thing that is slowly making its way from classroom to classroom...

Chipmunk had something. I don't know what it was, but he managed to throw up in class (Yup, I got that phone call...). He was super tired and not eating much, but otherwise fine. It passed after a day.

Bear, on the other hand, caught that "sore throat and cough" thing and ended up with a fever for three days. By the third day she was ready to head back to school, but we had to make sure to comply with the rules to not go to school unless she's been fever-free for at least 24 hours.
I think I bored her enough during those days that she was excited to head back to school.
The moral of the story? Wash your hands. Always wash your hands. You never know what you might pick up.
No comments:
Post a Comment